Outer Limits

Posted by Matthew Louv

I'm sorry Jake, I'm not trying to overshadow you, but I COULD NOT sleep unless I posted this video by Jan Terri, the same woman who made "Losing You."



Usually, I find outsider music oddly comforting. It serves as proof that there are people who pursue their unique vision of art regardless of conventions or attention to how it will be received. But for whatever reason, Jan Terri is harder for me to process than than all the eldritch horrors lurking in the stygian depths of David Lynch's mind. "Little Brother" is as disorienting as ten Eraserheads combined.

4 comments:

  1. Bialy said...

    According to wikipedia Jan Terri opened for Marilyn Manson at one of his concerts. I can only imagine how insanely surreal that must have been. What is even better is that there is supposedly footage of her on one of Manson's dvds.

  2. The HipGnostic said...

    Is from the same woman who brought us "Get Down Goblin"?

  3. The HipGnostic said...

    There should be a "this" in the previous post.

  4. Matthew Louv said...

    Yes, same woman.